The littleBits STEAM Student Set is the easiest way to integrate powerful STEM/STEAM learning into your classroom. STEAM is the evolution of STEM education, adding ‘Art’ to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Even if you have no technology experience, the littleBits STEAM student Set gives you the tools you need to build your students’ technical literacy and develop 21st-century skills like problem solving, creative thinking, and collaboration. Your students’ eyes will light up as they snap Bits together, tackle rigorous challenges and create fun inventions that engage their curiosity. Want to prepare your students for careers of the future? Challenge them to “Invent for Good” and design a contraption that helps someone in everyday life. Ready to spark their love of science and engineering? Engage your entire classroom in a projectile launcher contest! The challenges teach concepts that are already in your curriculum, like forces of motion and simple machines, while linking to Next Generation Science Standards.
Each littleBits STEAM Student Set supports 1-4 learners in grades 3-8, and comes with 19 Bits and 38 accessories to bring buzzing, blinking and artful inventions to life. It comes with a 72-page Student Invention Guide containing four guided invention challenges with step-by-step instructions (try building a self-driving vehicle!), and four open-ended challenges with prompts to help students foster their own creativity (like hacking your classroom). You’ll also get a downloadable Invention Log and comprehensive Teacher’s Guide that details companion lessons, curricular connections, implementation strategies and helpful tips, as well as an app with more ideas for the classroom.
* Students gain technical skills by exploring creative, collaborative solutions to problems.
* Sets you up for 16+ hours of STEM and STEAM teaching, including 8 challenges and 10 lessons.
* Getting started is simple with Student Invention Guide and Teacher’s Guide.
* Designed in partnership with educators to incorporate NGSS & Common Core in curriculum.
* Fun inventions engage students in problem solving, creative thinking and collaboration.
* Works for whole classroom/makerspace instruction or self-directed learning.
For Ages: 8+
WARNING: Small parts, not for children under 3 years old.