- Pretty Marion/Dusky Meadow/Creignish Hills/Tom Rae/Dinkie Dorrian's
- Miss Crawford/John Pellerine's Strathspey/David White's Reel/CBC's ...
- Miss Ann MacNamara/Picnic/Brenda Stubbert's/Wisahicken Drive/Dinkie
- Dan R's Favourite/Portland Fancy/Cronin's Favourite/The Trip to ...
- O teannaibh dluth is togaibh fonn/Donald Cameron's Powder ...
- The Bonnie Lass of Headlake/Sir Archibald Dunbar/Angus Allan and Dan J's
- Marble Hill/Brendan Mulvihill/John Morris Rankin's/Kathleen the VIII
- Tea Gardens/Mrs. McGhee/Fraser's Jig/The Old Dutch Churn
- Master Francis Sitwell/H. Mackworth/The Cock of the North/Miss ...
- Irish Lasses/St. Patrick's/Jerry's Beaver Hat/The Chorus Jig
- Glengarry's Dirk/Rothiemurchus Rant/The Braes of Auchtertyre/The Braes
- John McColl's Farewell to the Scottish Horse/Miss Scott/Culder's Rant
- Lime Hill/Calum Breauch/King George IV/Jack Daniel's Reel/Little ...
- O'er the Moor Among the Heather/The Laddie With the Plaiddie/Miss ...
- The Duke of Fife's Welcome to Deeside/Miss Ann MacNamara/Dusky ...
- Get it by Monday, October 23 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Traditional Music From Cape Breton Island is a lively set of Scottish-influenced reels, jigs, and marches recorded before a live audience at the 1993 Cork University Traditional Music Festival. And while Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, is filled stem to stern with talented musicians, the array of talent here is nevertheless striking. Fiddlers John Rankin, Jerry Holland, Buddy MacMaster, and his niece Natalie MacMaster; Dave MacIsaac on guitar and fiddle; pianists Tracey Dares and Hilda Chiasson; and pipers Paul MacNeil and Jamie MacInnis all appear. They turn in a lively set dominated by the deliberate rhythm of the piano that runs almost constantly beneath the fiddle leads. Joined by foot-stomp percussion and acoustic guitar, Traditional Music is almost relentlessly energetic. The presence of MacNeil and MacInnis' Highland bagpipes offers a different, yet no less exciting sound. The live recording is pristine, the crowd attentive and appreciative, and the frequent whoops from the musicians lets you know just how good of a time everyone at the show was having.
Performance CreditsJerry Holland Fiddle,Track Performer
Carl Mackenzie Fiddle,Track Performer
Doug MacDonald Fiddle
Tracey Dares Piano
Dave MacIsaac Fiddle,Guitar,Track Performer
Natalie MacMaster Fiddle,Track Performer
Hilda Chiasson Piano
Howie MacDonald Fiddle,Piano,Track Performer
Jamie MacInnis Pipe,Track Performer
Buddy MacMaster Fiddle,Track Performer
Paul MacNeil Pipe,Track Performer
John Morris Rankin Fiddle,Piano,Track Performer
Brenda Stubbert Fiddle,Track Performer
Technical CreditsMichael O'Suilleabhain Producer,Engineer,Liner Notes
Jerry Holland Arranger
Carl Mackenzie Arranger
Doug MacDonald Arranger,Composer
Robin Broadbank Producer,Engineer
Liz Doherty Liner Notes
Tracey Dares Arranger
Dave MacIsaac Arranger
Natalie MacMaster Arranger
Hilda Chiasson Arranger
Howie MacDonald Arranger
Rory MacDonald Composer
Jamie MacInnis Arranger
Buddy MacMaster Arranger
Paul MacNeil Arranger
John Morris Rankin Arranger
Brenda Stubbert Arranger
John B. Vallely Cover Painting