Master the Craft of Storytelling
Successful authors begin with great writing. Bestselling author and writing coach DL Fowler helps you transform your fiction by focusing on the Hierarchy of Readers' Needs.
Fowler's concise guide demonstrates how to create memorable characters, map captivating journeys, craft engaging scenes, and develop intimate bonds between readers and characters.
Discover fresh ways to:
- coax memorable characters out of the shadows and give them 'hooks'
- capture readers with conflict that's personal and compelling
- spark readers' emotions with scenes that resonate like movie scores
- embed readers inside your characters' minds and hearts
Focus on these essential tools and you will:
- find the right voice for your story
- write a provocative opening line
- stay focused on your core story problem
- energize your story's middle
- end your story on the right note
Includes examples from leading authors along with worksheets, recommended reading, and discussion guide.
|Publisher:||Harbor Hill Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||5.98(w) x 9.02(h) x 0.27(d)|