Proven HR strategies that can have a real impact onorganizational success
This book demonstrates how some of the world's most admired andprominent organizations are redefining HR leadership by usingevidence-based change to inform human capital decisions thatoptimize efficiency, effectiveness and strategic impact. Theauthors present the five foundational principles to the new HRdecision science: Logic-driven analytics, segmentation, riskleverage, synergy and integration and optimization.
- Includes practical suggestions and approaches to helpexecutives put the book's principles into action
- Contains insight based on the experiences of leading globalorganization such as PNC Bank, CME Group, Royal Bank of Scotland,Deutsche Telekom and Shanda Interactive Entertainment
- Features in-depth case studies of 6 international companies:Coca-Cola, Khazanah Nasional Berhad, IBM, Ameriprise Financial,Royal Bank of Canada and Royal Bank of Scotland
This groundbreaking book reveals a new approach to deliversustainable change and business results. It is enhanced withsuccess stories from leading companies that engage leadership andinvolve employees in ways that make a lasting impact on theircompanies.
|Product dimensions:||6.20(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
John Boudreau is professor of Management and Organization atthe Marshall School of Business and research director, Center forEffective Organizations, at University of Southern California. Heis author of over sixty publications and is featured in HarvardBusiness Review, The Wall Street Journal,Fortune, and BusinessWeek.
Ravin Jesuthasan, CFA, is managing director and GlobalPractice Leader for Towers Watson's Talent Management Practice. Hewas recognized as one of the Top 25 most influential consultants inthe world and has been featured extensively in CNN, CNBC, TheWall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, andFortune.
Table of Contents
Introduction: The Promise of Evidence-Based Change xi
Part One: The Five Principles of Evidence-Based Change1
1. Information Overload or Persuasive Analytics? 3
2. Where Are Your Pivotal Talent Segments? 27
3. Risk: Is It Just a Four-Letter Word? 49
4. Your HR Portfolio: Is It Less Than the Sum of Its Parts? 77
5. "Spreading Peanut Butter" or Optimizing Investments? 95
Part Two: Six In-Depth Cases of Evidence-Based Change113
6. Royal Bank of Canada's HR Partnership 115
7. Coca-Cola Combines Passion and Rigor 135
8. Khazanah Nasional's Pursuit of Nation Building 149
9. IBM's Workforce Management Initiative 169
10. Ameriprise Financial Reinvents Its HR Function 185
11. Royal Bank of Scotland Proves People Matter 203
Conclusion: Refl ections on What We've Learned 221
Appendix: Summary of Lessons Learned 233
About the Authors 243