Offers practitioners a detailed, current, and interdisciplinary introduction to transportation engineering and planning. This up-to-date know-how drawn from current literature and practice references the latest computer programs in the public and private sectors. Includes coverage of geometric design that reflects the latest revisions of AASHTO's Geometric Design. Discusses Transportation Economics, Traffic Flow, and Transportation Systems Management. For practitioners in transportation engineering and planning.
|Product dimensions:||6.80(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.80(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Transportation as a System.
2. Transportation Economics.
3. The Land-Use/Transportation System.
4. Vehicle and Human Characteristics.
5. Traffic Flow Characteristics.
6. Geometric Design of Highways.
7. Highway Capacity.
8. Intersection Control and Design.
9. At-Grade Intersection Capacity and Level of Service.
10. Public Passenger Transportation.
11. Urban Transportation Planning.
12. Local Area Traffic Management.
13. Energy Issues Connected with Transportation.
14. TSM Planning: Framework.
15. Evaluation of Transportation Improvement.
16. Transportation Safety.
Appendix: Elements of Engineering Economics.