Besides working full-time as a clinician in a major teaching hospital and writing books, Jim Johnson is a certified Clinical Instructor by the American Physical Therapy Association and enjoys teaching physical therapy students from all over the United States.
Drawing from the latest research, TREAT YOUR OWN ACHILLES TENDINITIS
will quickly teach you everything you need to know about getting rid of a painful Achilles tendon. In less than 100 pages, readers will learn...
• the detailed structure of the Achilles tendon and how it works
• what can go wrong with the Achilles tendon
• why the most common problem is one of failed healing, not inflammation
• how to do eccentric exercises that actually repair tendon damage
• how much activity is safe to do while your Achilles tendon is healing
Based on randomized controlled trials from peer-reviewed journals, Treat Your
Own Achilles Tendinitis offers a simple, yet effective program that can be done in the privacy of one's home without equipment. And perhaps best of all, it takes just a few minutes a day to do!