With this beautiful book at your fingertips, you can select, plant and care for the trees and shrubs that suit the conditions present in your garden:
* Detailed listings for 82 different species of trees and shrubs, along with information on more than 860 recommended varieties and cultivars best suited for Ohio gardens
* Size, shape and growing zone
* Notes on the best features of each species or variety
* Seasonal color
* What tree or shrub to select for a specific location
* How to plant, prune and propagate
* Soil, moisture and sunlight requirements
* Year-round maintenance
* Tips for solving pest and disease problems
* More than 575 color photographs and illustrations.
|Publisher:||Lone Pine Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.77(d)|
|Age Range:||9 Years|
About the Author
Fred Hower has over 40 years of experience as a horticultural consultant, certified arborist and landscape designer. A graduate of Ohio State University, he teaches in the horticulture department of Columbus State Community College. In addition to hosting a radio show, ''Plant Talk,'' he's written more than 400 columns in 90 newspapers and has made frequent guest appearances on television. He is also a speaker at gardening events throughout the state.
Alison Beck has been gardening since she was a child. She has a diploma in Horticulture and a degree in Creative Writing. Alison is the coauthor of several best-selling gardening guides, and her books showcase her talent for practical advice and her passion for gardening.