- 10. Aria. Non più andrai, farfallone amoroso
- Io ti lascio, o cara, addio, aria for bass & orchestra, K. Anh. 245 (K.
- 10. Terzettino. Soave sia il vento
- Warnung ("Männer suchen stets zu naschen"), aria for bass & orchestra (
- Così dunque tradisci...Aspri rimorsi atroci, recitative and aria for ba
- 23. Recitativo e Duetto. V'adoro - Il core vi dono
- Un bacio di mano, aria for bass & orchestra, K. 541
- 7. Recitativo e Duettino. Quel casinetto è mio - Là ci darem la mano
- 20. Arie. Ein Mädchen oder Weibchen wünscht Papageno sich
- 18. Recitativo ed Aria. Hai già vinta la causa! - Vedrò, mentr'io sospi
- Nun liebes Weibchen, ziehst mit mir, aria for soprano, bass & orchestra
- 2. Arie. Der Vogelfänger bin ich ja
- 17. Duettino. Crudel! perché finora farmi languir così?
- 16. Canzonetta. Deh! Bieni alla finestra, o mio tesoro!
- 10. Arie. Diggi, daggi, schurry, murry
- 21. Finale (excerpt). Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-Papagena!
- 4. Recitativo e Aria. Guardate! Questo non picciol libro - Madamina, il
- 7. Duett. Bei Männern, welche Liebe fühlen
- 27. Recitativo ed Aria. Tutto è disposto - Aprite un po' quegli occhi
- Get it by Monday, November 27 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Tutto Mozart! based on 0 ratings. 2 reviews.
Welshman Bryn Terfel wows again singing the music that made him a superstar. His warm, open-throated sound is uniquely suited to Mozart's musical line and vocal challenges. Not only do we hear selections from Bryn's stage repertoire, we are also treated to concert arias, inserted pieces Mozart wrote for favorite singers of his time and even the humourous "Diggi, daggi" from the composer's first opera. Terfel has never sounded better, his rich bass-baritone full and deep on the bottom and nicely bright and open at the top. This is one to own!
That Bryn Terfel is in possession of one of the most beautiful baritone voices on the stage today is a given. Not only is his voice rich in hue, able to maintain a beauty of tone throughout a large range, but he is also so intrinsically musical that he never allows 'showmanship' to overcome the composer's intentions. In this superb 'recital' of an album Terfel trips through the arias of Leporello, Figaro, Count Almaviva, Guglielmo, Don Giovanni, and brings surprises to roles he has yet to create on the stage. Yet he also includes some rarities such as the late Mozart concert aria 'Cosi dunque tradisci' as well as some lighter duets from 'Bastien und Bastienne' and 'Der Stein der Weisen'. He is joined by the luminous soprano Miah Persson in the duets of Papageno and Papagena form 'Die Zauberflote'. In every instance the result is fresh Mozart in as captivating a style as is heard on any recording. Sir Charles Mackerras and the Scottish Chamber Orchestra provide the sensitive collaboration. Bryn Terfel simply has it all and this CD proves it! Grady Harp