Analyses and critiques the key regulatory and commercial dimensions of the oil and gas industry
In recent years, a great deal has changed in the oil and gas industry, from legal and regulatory change to falling oil prices. The contemporary oil and gas industry is now intensely focussed on cost-saving and the UK has radical redrawn its revenue-raising expectations.
This updated third edition of UK Oil and Gas Law has been published in two volumes: this volume focuses on resource management and regulatory law, while the other deals with commercial and contract law issues. The twin volumes bring together academic and practising lawyers, mainly based in Aberdeen, Europe's Energy Capital, to consider the key regulatory and commercial dimensions of an ever-changing hydrocarbon province.
|Publisher:||Edinburgh University Press|
|Edition description:||3rd ed.|
|Product dimensions:||9.20(w) x 6.10(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Greg Gordon is Senior Lecturer in Law at the University of Aberdeen.
John Paterson is Professor of Law at the University of Aberdeen.
Emre Usenmez is Lecturer in Law at the University of Aberdeen.
Table of Contents
Part I: Introduction and Context
1. Oil and Gas Law on the United Kingdom Continental Shelf: Current Practice and Emerging Trends in Public and Regulatory Law
Greg Gordon, John Paterson Emre Üsenmez and James Cowie
2. Rejuvenating Activity in the North Sea Oil and Gas Industry: The Role of Tax Incentives in Context
Alex Kemp and Linda Stephen
3. The UK's Energy Security
Emre Üsenmez, James Cowie and Greg Gordon
Part II: Resource Management
4. Petroleum Licensing
5. The Wood Review and Maximising Economic Recovery upon the UKCS
Greg Gordon, John Paterson and Uisdean Vass
6. Access to Infrastructure
7. The UK's Oil and Gas Fiscal Regime: A Radical Evolution
8. Maritime Boundaries in the North Sea and the North Atlantic
Part III: Regulatory Law
9. Current Practice and Emerging Trends in Regulating Onshore Exploration and Production in Great Britain
Tina Hunter, Steven Latta and Greg Gordon
10. Health and Safety at Work Offshore
11. Environmental Law and Regulation on the UKCS
Luke Havemann and Tina Hunter
12. Decommissioning of Offshore Oil and Gas Installations
13. Decommissioning Security
Appendix: Mature Province Initiatives