- Schon lacht der holde Frühling, aria for soprano & orchestra, K. 580
- Ch'io mi scordi di te...Non temer, amato bene, recitative and aria for soprano, piano & orchestra, K. 505
- Nehmt meinen Dank, ihr holden Gönner, aria for soprano & orchestra. K. 383
- Mitridate, rè di Ponto, opera, K. 87 (K. 74a): Aria. Lungi da te, mio bene
- Un moto di gioia mi sento, aria for soprano & orchestra, K. 579
- Le nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro), opera, K. 492: Recitative and aria. Deh vieni non tardar
- Così fan tutte, opera, K. 588: Recitative and aria. Come scoglio
- Zaide, opera, K. 344 (K. 336b): Ruhe sanft mein holdes Leben
- Exsultate, jubilate, motet for soprano & orchestra, K. 165 (K. 158a)
- Get it by Monday, October 23 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Un moto di gioia based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.
Miah Persson my not be a well-known name in the opera on concert field here in the United States - yet! - but she soon will be. The young and very beautiful Swedish soprano is enormously gifted, a soprano with a exceptionally wide range, a purity of tone, a gift for embellishment and a voice that can soar with ease above a large orchestra and chorus (her most recent US appearance as the soprano soloist in Mozart's Mass in C with the Los Angeles Philharmonic under Esa-Pekka Salonen proves that). She is recording now and this particular all Mozart concert, in excess of an hour's worth of music, demonstrates why the music world is a flutter. Persson's connection with the music of Mozart and with her audience is infectious. Here she is ably assisted by Sebastian Weigle conducting the Swedish Chamber Orchestra in a series of opera arias and concert arias, each of which is successful on its own terms. Included are 'Schon lacht der holde Frühling, aria for soprano & orchestra, K. 580', the ever popular 'Ch'io mi scordi di te' K. 505 with pianist Yevgeny Sudbin at the piano obbligato, 'Nehmt meinen Dank, ihr holden Gönner', K. 383, 'Lungi da te, mio bene' from Mitridate, rè di Ponto, K. 87', 'Un moto di gioia mi sento, K. 579, 'Deh vieni non tardar' from Le nozze di Figaro. 'Come scoglio' from Così fan tutte, 'Ruhe sanft mein holdes Leben from Zaide, and of course 'Exsultate, jubilate, motet for soprano & orchestra, K. 165. In every selection Persson is agile, perfectly pitched, and genuinely communicative. This is a very fine recording form one of tomorrow's important stars! Grady Harp