Uncle John is battening down the hatches and preparing for a Fact Attack in this third, un-bowl-ievable volume of fascinating facts!
Packed with more than 400 pages, Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Attack of the Factiods is a fact-a-palooza of obscure information. Like what, you ask? Here are just a few extraordinary examples:
* Bats always turn left when they exit a cave.
* In the 1960s, astronauts trained for moon voyages by walking on Hawaiian lava fields.
* Lloyd's of London insured Bruce Springsteen's voice for 3.5 million English pounds.
* Physician Amynthas of Alexandria, Greece, performed the first known nose job in the Third Century B.C.
* Military toilet paper is printed in a camouflage design, since white could attract enemy fire.
* Elvis Presley always wore a helmet when watching football on TV.
* King Henry VIII's ladies at court had a ration of one gallon of beer per day.
* It takes the energy from 50 leaves on an apple tree to produce one ripe fruit.
* The only country to host the Summer Olympics but not win a sinlge gold medal was Canada, in 1976.
And that's just the beginning! So what are you waiting for? Attack!
|Sold by:||SIMON & SCHUSTER|
|File size:||1 MB|
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
As always Uncle John bathroom readers are great If you love weird facts and history read any of these books I pre-order any these books