From the driver?s seat comes a look at the true operating procedures, values, and mission of Uber. Author Douglas Casimiri spent one year undercover as an Uber driver and has emerged with new insight into the company and a series of wild stories about colorful passengers and startling situations.
Casimiri outlines the business plan and processes of Uber. He includes information on
- the discrepancy between what Uber claims drivers make and what they actually earn,
- the story behind the founding and the funding of the company,
- the standards Uber keeps to protect both drivers and passengers,
- the reasons Uber is winning its competition against traditional taxi companies,
- the concept of surge pricing,
- the opposition Uber faces from the government and taxi unions, and
- the future of Uber and its drivers.
While Casimiri was driving for Uber, his coworkers confided in him about a variety of shocking, dangerous, and sometimes humorous experiences. In one case, a very confused passenger forgets where she is and believes she?s being kidnapped. In another, a driver can?t believe it when his passenger ends up being a famous actor. Casimiri?s anecdotes show that there is never a dull moment in the life of an Uber driver!
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.30(d)|
About the Author
Douglas Casimiri isn?t just an author and Uber driver. He is an international black belt instructor and past-life facilitator. In addition to his memoirs as an Uber driver, Casimiri has published Live Your Life in Awe! and Christians Remember Your Past Lives Learn How.
Casimiri was born in Toronto, Canada, but has since moved to Tampa, Florida, where his Uber adventures took place.