Understanding by Design: Expanded Second Edition / Edition 2 available in Paperback
Table of Contents
List of Figures.
1. Backward Design.
2. Understanding Understanding.
3. Gaining Clarity on Our Goals.
4. The Six Facets of Understanding.
5. Essential Questions: Doorways to Understanding.
6. Crafting Understandings.
7. Thinking like an Assessor.
8. Criteria and Validity.
9. Planning for Learning.
10. Teaching for Understanding.
11. The Design Process.
12. The Big Picture: UbD as Curriculum Framework.
13. "Yes, but..."
Afterword: Getting Started.
Appendix: Sample 6-Page Template.
About the Authors.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
"This book is about good design -- of curriculum, assessment, and instruction. The book is written to answer the question -- how do we make it more likely, by our design, that students really understand what they are asked to learn?"