|Part 1||Basic Concepts of Pathophysiology|
|Unit I||The Cell|
|2||Genes and Genetic Diseases||37|
|3||Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology||65|
|4||Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids and Bases||105|
|Unit II||Mechanisms of Self-Defense|
|7||Hypersensitivities, Infection, and Immunodeficiencies||181|
|8||Stress and Disease||221|
|Unit III||Cellular Proliferation: Cancer|
|9||Biology of Cancer||237|
|10||Tumor Spread and Treatment||269|
|11||Cancer in Children||287|
|Part 2||Body Systems and Disease|
|Unit IV||The Neurologic System|
|12||Structure and Function of the Neurologic System||295|
|13||Pain, Temperature, Sleep, and Sensory Function||329|
|14||Concepts of Neurologic Dysfunction||355|
|15||Alterations of Neurologic Function||391|
|16||Alterations of Neurologic Function in Children||429|
|Unit V||The Endocrine System|
|17||Mechanisms of Hormonal Regulation||449|
|18||Alterations of Hormonal Regulation||473|
|Unit VI||The Hematologic System|
|19||Structure and Function of the Hematologic System||507|
|20||Alterations of Hematologic Function||537|
|21||Alterations of Hematologic Function in Children||579|
|Unit VII||The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems|
|22||Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems||597|
|23||Alterations of Cardiovascular Function||639|
|24||Alterations of Cardiovascular Function in Children||709|
|Unit VIII||The Pulmonary System|
|25||Structure and Function of the Pulmonary System||729|
|26||Alterations of Pulmonary Function||751|
|27||Alterations of Pulmonary Function in Children||787|
|Unit IX||The Renal and Urologic Systems|
|28||Structure and Function of the Renal and Urologic Systems||807|
|29||Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function||825|
|30||Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function in Children||849|
Understanding Pathophysiology / Edition 5by Sue E. Huether
Pub. Date: 12/19/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This easy-to-read textbook provides you with the basic concepts of pathophysiology and the processes of specific diseases with the most accurate, up-to-date information on the treatments, manifestations, and mechanisms of disease. Understanding Pathophysiology, 4th Edition offers complete coverage in clear and concise detail with extensive full-color illustrations
This easy-to-read textbook provides you with the basic concepts of pathophysiology and the processes of specific diseases with the most accurate, up-to-date information on the treatments, manifestations, and mechanisms of disease. Understanding Pathophysiology, 4th Edition offers complete coverage in clear and concise detail with extensive full-color illustrations to make learning pathophysiology easy.
• Consistent presentation of each disease includes pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment to make remembering and learning information easier.
• Extensive collection of 900 photographs and illustrations vividly illustrate normal anatomy and physiology, cellular mechanisms, disease processes, and clinical manifestations of disease.
• UNIQUE! Health Alert boxes discuss a broad range of topics from new research, diagnostic studies, preventative care, and more.
• UNIQUE! Quick Check questions at the end of major sections promote critical thinking to help you apply your knowledge to real-life situations.
• UNIQUE! Risk Factor boxes illustrate the risk factors associated with specific diseases.
• Pediatric content presented in nine separate chapters provides thorough coverage of how various disease processes specifically affect children.
• Special headings highlight aging content within adult chapters to help you address the specialized needs of older patients.
• Did you Understand? end-of-chapter summaries help you review the major concepts presented in each chapter.
• Disease pathways throughout illustrate normal and compensatory physiology and pathophysiology.
• Includes extensively updated content based on the most current research available.
• Approximately 200 new full-color drawings, as well as hundreds of improved illustrations, clarify concepts to make content more easily understandable.
• Over 50 new Health Alert boxes present the most current research available.
• Electronic Resources listed at the beginning of each chapter direct you to additional materials on the companion CD and Evolve site.
• A glossary of over 850 terms helps you learn the often-difficult terminology related to pathophysiology.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.60(d)
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews