A fully revised edition of the
For over 30 years this comprehensive, easy-to-read guide has served well as the definitive reference for successful investing. Now in its fifth edition and completely updated, Understanding Wall Street helps investors prosper in today’s challenging economywhether you’re just beginning or among the millions soon to retire.
Understanding Wall Street, Fifth Edition, has new sections and information on the issues most important to today’s investors, including:
- How to use the Internet as an investing tool
- The shift to exchange traded funds (ETFs)
- The link between Wall Street and Main Street
- The Risks and rewards of the global economy
Praise for previous editions of Understanding Wall Street:
“Recommended. An excellent introduction to stock market intricacies.” Booklist
“A lucid guide to those downtown mysteries.” Newsday
“Remarkable . . . it remains as useful as ever . . . Experience may be the best teacher, but this manual runs a close second.” American Library Book Review
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.30(d)|
About the Author
Jeffrey B. Little has been a registered investment analyst, serving as senior analyst at a major Wall Street firm and as a vice president of the prominent investment counsel firm, T. Rowe Price Associates.
Lucien Rhodes is a respected financial journalist with several years experience as a senior analyst and portfolio manager in both commercial and investment banking.
Table of Contents
1. What Is a Share of Stock?
2. Wall Street - How It Works
3. Analyzing Your Company
4. Reading the Financial Pages
5. Investing and Trading
6. Growth Stocks
7. Manias, Fads, and Panics
8. From Wall Street to Main Street
9. Bonds, Preferred Stocks, and the Money Market
10. The Internet
11. Worldwide Investing
12. Gold and Silver
13. The Principles of Technical Analysis
14. Stock Options and Other Derivatives
15. Wall Street Personalities
Most Helpful Customer Reviews