As a licensed clinical psychologist and psychiatric nurse practitioner, Dr. Angie Rumaldo has helped adolescents make huge advancements in their lives. Now, she's here to shed new light on your own child's challenges and how to overcome them.
Worried about your child's behavior and future? Discover how to decode their conduct to build a brighter tomorrow.
Is your child struggling with schoolwork, friendships, or home life? Are you concerned about their ability to succeed?
Through a series of action plans, Understanding Your Child's and Teen's Behavior helps kids correct common behavioral problems before they inflict lasting damage. With insights into typical issues at each phase of an adolescent's growth and development, you'll learn red-flag behaviors early on and develop a plan to fix them.
In Understanding Your Child's and Teen's Behavior, you'll discover:
- How to identify your parenting style and find out why your child breaks your rules
- When to consult teachers, physicians, and health providers
- How different environments, financial concerns, and medical needs impact behavior
- How to maximize the resources of your school district and your child's 504 plan and IEP
- How the straightforward action plan can jumpstart your family's optimum wellness, and much, much more!
This invaluable guidebook is a must-read for all parents. If you like frank advice from industry experts, comprehensive action plans, and easy-to-follow directions, then you'll love Dr. Angie Rumaldo's groundbreaking resource.
Buy Understanding Your Child's and Teen's Behavior today for a fresh new start to your family's future!
|Publisher:||True Pursuit Psychological Services, PC|
|Product dimensions:||6.50(w) x 1.50(h) x 9.50(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Rumaldo was trained as a scientist-practitioner and has conducted individual, family, couple, and group therapy in a variety of settings, including a domestic violence shelter, community mental health center, and hospital and outpatient settings. She has also performed psychological testing for over a thousand clients for the last eight years in a variety of settings. She is trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) and specializes in cognitive behavioral techniques. She is a member of the American Psychological Association, American Nursing Association, American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress, and New York State Psychological Association.
Dr. Rumaldo has worked as an associate adjunct professor at Manhattan College and in other teaching facilities, where she taught at the graduate or undergraduate level, in the department of Mental Health and Counseling and the Department of Psychology.
Table of Contents
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part One: How do I Begin?
2. Signs! Signs! Signs!
3. The Action Plan
4. Difficulties! Difficulties! Difficulties!
Part Two: Taking Action
5. Should I Take Action?
6. Mental Health Help?
7. 504 Plans Revealed: A Wonderful Tool!
8. Individualized Education Plan Revealed
Part Three: Stigma and Conclusion
9. But I Do Not Want My Child to Be Stigmatized or Have a Record
10. Conclusion: Wow, All Done!
About the Author