Is there a mystical consciousness particularly natural to women? And if so, what role is it playing in the spiritual evolution of our world? To answer these questions, Hilary Hart traveled across the world meeting with contemporary mystics from a variety of traditions including Lakota Sioux, Sufism, Buddhism, and West-African Shamanism. The revelations of feminine wisdom offered from these encounters are not conceptual teachings, but vivid examples of lived spirituality expressed sometimes through simple ways of being, sometimes through profound mystical experiences. Revolutionary and remarkably practical, The Unknown She offers a startling new look at women's unique mystical orientation and its place in the evolution of our universal consciousness.
Author Biography: Hilary Hart lives in northern California where she works as a writer and editor. After practicing Tibetan Buddhism for a number of years, she met her teacher, a Sufi Sheikh, in 1998. The Unknown She is her first book.
|Publisher:||The Golden Sufi Center|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.89(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Entering the Secret Angela Fischer,
2. In Relation Pansy Hawk Wing,
3. Blaze of Light, Blood of Creation Andrew Harvey,
4. The Storming of Love Jackie Crovetto,
5. The Twenty-Two Taras Ani Tenzin Palmo and the Nuns of Dongyu Gatsal Ling,
6. Women's Ways of Living Sobonfu Some,
7. The Unknown She Lynn Barron,
8. Everything Holy Myosho Virginia Matthews,