Teams are nothing more than a series of interconnected relationships with a collective, single-minded focus. Success almost never depends on individual talent and valor; instead, Alden Mills shows, it depends, first, on creating a strong foundation for yourself and, second, using that foundation to help others go beyond their individual pursuits and talents to create something bigger and better—an unstoppable team.
Unstoppable Teams show managers at every level, at both large and small organizations, including private, public, and nonprofit, how to inspire, motivate, and lead the people around them. Mills draws on stories from his own experiences to impart these surprising team-building lessons:
- Too many people mistake groups of individuals for a team.
- No two people are alike, but we all have the same genetic drivers that motivate us—our will to survive, our ego-driven desire for personal gain, and our soul-driven yearning to be a part of something greater than ourselves.
- When we override our fears about survival, we can focus on our desire to thrive.
- The more you care for your teammates, the more they will dare for the team.
- Great ideas are not reserved for a select few—true teams embrace diversity of thought to find winning ideas.
These lessons aren’t exclusive to the Navy SEALs; they are used by successful entrepreneurs, nonprofit leaders, coaches, and sport captains—and now you can master them too. Unstoppable Teams is the handbook for how to build care-based teams that will push people to achieve more than they ever thought possible.
|Product dimensions:||5.80(w) x 8.10(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Your Platform 1
Chapter 2 Finding Unstoppables 35
Chapter 3 Connect 65
Chapter 4 Achieve 97
Chapter 5 Respect 117
Chapter 6 Empower 153
Chapter 7 Activating the 10X Advantage 177