This textbook covers in detail the tools that are used to create a 3D structural model using the Autodesk Advance Steel software. Real-world industry examples are specially chosen for the structural steel detailing and BIM industry. The author has specifically covered a number of pain-points that the users face on day-to-day basis in their work.
The following are some of the salient features of this textbook:
- Covers Imperial units based on English US installation and Metric units based on English Australia installation.
- 606 pages of in-depth coverage of the tools to create 3D structural model from scratch.
- Around 400 pages of tutorials on real-world Structural and Building models.
- Detailed discussion of the Basic and Extended Modeling tools such as Portal/Gable Frames, Purlins, Trusses, Cage Ladders, Straight Stairs, Spiral Stairs, Hand-railings, and so on.
- Detailed coverage of the Connection Vault to insert various types of connections.
- Detailed coverage of how to create and save custom connections.
- "What I do" tips describing some real world challenges that Advance Steel users face and the author's approach in those situations.
- Tips and Notes providing additional information about the topic in discussion.
- End of chapter skill evaluation to review the concepts learnt in the chapter.
The following free teaching resources are available for faculty:
- PowerPoint slides of every chapter in the textbook.
- Answers to the Class Test Questions.
- Help for designing the course curriculum.