This textbook covers in detail the tools that are used to create a 3D structural model. Real-world industry examples are specially chosen for the structural steel detailing and BIM industry. The author has specifically covered a number of pain-points that the users face on day-to-day basis in their work.
The following are some of the salient features of this textbook:
- Complimentary access to more than 220 minutes of videos covering all tutorials in the book.
- Covers Imperial units based on English US installation and Metric units based on English Australia installation.
- 626 pages of in-depth coverage of the tools to create 3D structural model from scratch.
- Around 400 pages of tutorials on real-world Structural and Building models.
- Detailed discussion of the Basic and Extended Modeling tools such as Portal/Gable Frames, Purlins, Trusses, Cage Ladders, Straight Stairs, Spiral Stairs, Hand-railings, and so on.
- Detailed coverage of the Connection Vault to insert various types of connections.
- Detailed coverage of how to create and save custom connections and custom profiles.
- "What I do" tips describing some real world challenges that Advance Steel users face and the author's approach in those situations.
- Tips and Notes providing additional information about the topic in discussion.
- End of chapter skill evaluation to review the concepts learnt in the chapter.
The following free teaching resources are available for faculty:
- PowerPoint slides of every chapter in the textbook.
- Answers to the Class Test Questions.
- Help for designing the course curriculum.
|Product dimensions:||7.52(w) x 9.25(h) x 1.27(d)|
About the Author
Deepak Maini (Sydney, Australia) is a qualified Mechanical Engineer with more than 18 years of experience in working with various CAD software. He has been teaching various CAD software for more than 17 years and has authored the "Up and Running with Autodesk Navisworks" series of books.
Deepak is a regular presenter at Autodesk University in Las Vegas and was given the Top Rated Speaker status at AU2014 and AU2015. He is also the lead presenter at various events showcasing the latest Autodesk technology all around Australia and is regularly invited to present various Autodesk software at events around the country.
Deepak is currently working as the Product Manager - BIM/MFG Solutions with Cadgroup Australia, the first Platinum Autodesk Partner in the southern hemisphere, and is also a guest lecturer at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) and University of New South Wales (UNSW), two of the largest universities in Australia.
Deepak's Contact Details
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Great book. The author gives step by step lessons that along with the included tutorials and videos make the program very easy to learn. The author will respond to questions. This is my fourth 3D program to learn and this book helped me learn much faster. Very clear and easy.