This textbook covers in detail the tools that are used to create a 3D structural model. Real-world industry examples are specially chosen for the structural steel detailing and BIM industry. The author has specifically covered a number of pain-points that the users face on day-to-day basis in their work.
The following are some of the salient features of this textbook:
- Complimentary access to videos of all tutorials in the book.
- Covers Imperial units based on English US installation and Metric units based on English Australia installation.
- 640 pages of in-depth coverage of the tools to create 3D structural model from scratch.
- Around 400 pages of tutorials on real-world Structural and Building models.
- Detailed discussion of the Basic and Extended Modeling tools such as Portal/Gable Frames, Purlins, Trusses, Cage Ladders, Straight Stairs, Spiral Stairs, Hand-railings, and so on.
- Detailed coverage of the Connection Vault to insert various types of connections.
- Detailed coverage of how to create and save custom connections.
- "What I do" tips describing some real world challenges that Advance Steel users face and the author's approach in those situations.
- Tips and Notes providing additional information about the topic in discussion.
- End of chapter skill evaluation to review the concepts learnt in the chapter.
The following free teaching resources are available for faculty:
- PowerPoint slides of every chapter in the textbook.
- Answers to the Class Test Questions.
- Help for designing the course curriculum.
About the Author
Deepak Maini (Sydney, Australia) is a qualified Mechanical Engineer with more than 19 years of experience in working in the design industry. He has been teaching various CAD software for more than 18 years and has also authored the "Up and Running with Autodesk Navisworks" series of books. He is currently working as the National Technical Manager - Named Accounts with Cadgroup Australia, the first Platinum Autodesk Partner in the Australia/New Zealand region.
Deepak is also a Guest Lecturer at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) and the University of New South Wales (UNSW), two of the leading universities in Australia. In addition, he is one of the lead presenters at various events showcasing the latest Autodesk technology all around Australia and Asia and is regularly invited to present at various User Group events in the region.
Deepak is a regular speaker at Autodesk University in Las Vegas and was among the "Top Rated" speakers at Autodesk University 2016, 2015, and 2014.
Deepak's Contact Details