A student's introduction to the historical context, key themes and current debates in Utilitarianism.
About the Author
Krister Bykvist is a Fellow and Tutor in Philosophy at Jesus College, University of Oxford, UK.
Table of Contents
2. The Nature and Assessment of Moral Theories
3. What is Utilitarianism?
5. Utilitarian Aggregation
6. Is Utilitarianism a User-Friendly Guide to Action?
7. Is Utilitarianism Too Demanding?
8. Is Utilitarianism Too Permissive?
9. The Way Outcomes are Brought About
10. The Place of Rules in Utilitarianism