Have you ever read a dystopian novel in which you wondered how the world as we know it collapsed?
Well…this novel explains that.
Most apocalypse stories begin sometime in the future, after the devastation has been wrought.
Not this one.
This one lets you watch the horror unfold.
After the U.N. population treaty implemented a policy of world-wide use of the birth control nanite, Nae-Née, human-caused stressors on the ecosystem literally heated up.
No longer was our planet on the brink of collapse due to biodiversity loss, rising sea levels, floods, droughts, overdependence on fossil fuels, and the climate changes that drive all that.
No – collapse was upon us at last.
The measures taken to handle resource shortages right in everyone’s backyards are shown: a population cull hidden in a vaccine (plus in many other vaccines), and a militarized surveillance society to manage the overflow.
About the Author
Ms. Fox has written several books on a variety of topics, including the effects of human overpopulation on the environment, Asperger's, and travel to Kuwait and Hawai'i.
Her areas of interest include - but are not limited to - history, herstory, women's studies, biographies, dystopian and science fiction, human overpopulation, ecosystems collapse, law, international relations, the history of chemical weapons use in war, the economic meltdown of 2008, honeybee colony collapse disorder, Asperger's, and cats.
Table of Contents
1. Nae-Née Wasn’t Enough
2. The Hartford Courant reports Record College Rejections
3. Awful Offal and Engineering Projects
4. Coastlines and Sea Changes – The Garden Uneven
5. The Guidestones
6. A Visit to the Manhattan Canals
7. Hamish’s Nanites in The New York Times
8. Packing Nanites
9. Overshoot: The Consequences Begin
10. Collapse – War Paint, Conflict, and Reckoning Time
11. Sustainable Growth: An Oxymoronic Term
12. Communitarian Constraints
13. The 10 Amendments Institute
14. Smart Gadgets
15. The Mark of the Beast – Quick Response Code Tattoos
16. Surveillance! Not if Hamish Can Help It
17. Another Moving Experience
18. Monsters, Microbes, and Regenics Treatments
19. Endemic, Epidemic, Pandemic
20. The Deep Dark Net
21. Idiot World Order: Another Treaty
22. Nae-Née, Operators, and Anti-Christs
23. Ideas and Executions
25. Trust the Government…No, Don’t
26. Transportin and Exportin
28. Fighting the Soft-Kills
29. The Grim Data Reapers
30. What About Society’s Elders?
31. Democracy is Not Free
33. Escape Plans
35. Back to Rockefeller for a Fundraiser
37. Population Matters
38. Sabbatical in Neutral Territory
39. To Survive…and Tell the Tale
40. New World Order
The U.N. Convention on Global Sustainability and Communitarian Government
Bibliography – from Avril’s Collection of News Stories
About the Author
About the Illustrator