Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
· Vagabond has sold over 50 million copies worldwide!
· Vagabond is based on the novel, Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa. Originally written in the early 40’s, Yoshikawa’s fictional account became so well known that his version has blurred fact from fiction.
· VIZ Media is currently releasing the English translated edition of Vagabond only three months apart from the Japanese release!
· The popularity of Vagabond has been attributed for the reason NHK produced its period drama TV series based on Yohikawa’s novel.
· There have been 6 films and 2 TV series based on Miyamoto Musashi’s life.
· Inoue received the 2000 Media Arts award for manga from the Japanese Ministry of Culture and the Kodansha award for best manga for his work on Vagabond.
· Nominated for 2003 Eisner Award in the category for Best Writer/Artist!
· "...reads like an Akira Kurosawa film captured on the printed page." -Cliff Biggers, Comic Buyer's Guide
· Inoue has personally created licensed merchandise on a small scale, so that the products will meet his standards of quality.
· Inoue’s previous series Slam Dunk has over 100 million copies in print worldwide. Everything Takehiko Inoue has published has hit the top ten sales list in Japan.
Striving for enlightenment by way of the sword, Miyamoto Musashi is prepared to cut down anyone who stands in his way. Vagabond is an action-packed portrayal of the life and times of the quintessential warrior-philosopherthe most celebrated samurai of all time!
Musashi is at the greatest crossroads of his life. After surviving his single-handed battle against the seventy men of the Yoshioka Clan, Musashi is left with an injury that could mean the end of his sword-fighting days. Could this mean he will escape from the spiral of death and killing that has been at the very center of his being for so long, or will the way of the sword be too tempting for him to walk away from.
About the Author
Takehiko Inoue is the creator of one of the most popular manga of all time, Slam Dunk, which has sold over 100 million copies worldwide. He followed that series up with two titles lauded by critics and fans alikeVagabond, a fictional account of the life of Miyamoto Musashi, and Real, a manga about wheelchair basketball.
Inoue is the recipient of numerous awards, including the prestigious Tezuka Osamu Culture award and the Media Arts Festival Award. In addition to his work on manga, Inoue has worked on television commercials, character designs for video games, and is the founder of a scholarship to foster Japanese basketball talent.