Vascular & Endovascular Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon.
• The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
• Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
• Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.
• An expanded authorship team across the series includes additional European and World experts with an increased emphasis on global practice.
• The contents of the series have been extensively revised in line with recently published evidence.
• The revision of the content reflects the continued move towards non-invasive imaging, medical therapy and endovascular techniques, culminating in a new chapter on Future Developments.
• Many of the chapters reflect the collaborative nature of a modern vascular service and are co-authored by a vascular surgeon and a vascular radiologist.
• The authorship team has been expanded with input from vascular nursing and rehabilitation experts.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Series:||Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.70(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
• Epidemiology and risk factor management of peripheral arterial disease • Assessment of chronic lower limb ischaemia • Medical treatment of chronic lower limb ischaemia • Intervention for chronic lower limb ischaemia • The diabetic foot • Amputation, rehabilitation and prosthetic developments • Revision vascular surgery • Management of acute lower limb ischaemia • Vascular trauma • Extracranial cerebrovascular disease • Vascular disorders of the upper limb • Primary and secondary vasospastic disorders (Raynaud’s phenomenon) and vasculitis • Peripheral and abdominal aortic aneurysms • Thoracic and thoraco-abdominal aortic disease • Renal and intestinal vascular disease • Central venous and dialysis access • Varicose veins • Chronic leg swelling • The acutely swollen leg • Vascular anomalies • Future developments