Make the most of today's innovative medical therapies, advances in vascular imaging, and new drugs to improve your patients' cardiovascular health with Vascular Medicine, 2nd Edition. This comprehensive, clinically-focused volume in the Braunwald's Heart Disease family provides an in-depth, state-of-the-art review of all vascular diseases, with an emphasis on pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management - giving you the evidence-based guidance you need to make appropriate therapeutic decisions on behalf of your patients.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader with intuitive search tools and adjustable font sizes. Elsevier eBooks provide instant portable access to your entire library, no matter what device you’re using or where you’re located.
- Gain a state-of-the-art understanding of the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of arterial disease, venous disease, lymph dysfunction, connective tissue disease, vascular disease, and vascular manifestations of systemic disease.
- Benefit from the knowledge and experience of Dr. Mark A. Creager (editor of the Vascular Medicine society journal), Dr. Joshua A. Beckman, and Dr. Joseph Loscalzo, and benefit from their practice rationales for all of today’s clinical therapies.
- Easily reference Braunwald’s Heart Disease, 9th Edition for further information on topics of interest.
- Get up-to-date information on new combination drug therapies and management of chronic complications of hypertension.
- Learn the best methods for aggressive patient management and disease prevention to ensure minimal risk of further cardiovascular problems.
- Stay current with ACC/AHA and ECC guidelines and the best ways to implement them in clinical practice.
- Enhance your visual perspective with an all-new, full-color design throughout.
- Utilize behavior management as an integral part of treatment for your hypertensive and pre-hypertensive patients.
- Effectively manage special populations with chronic hypertensive disease, as well as hypertension and concomitant disease.
- Access the complete contents online and download images at www.expertconsult.com.
Table of Contents
PART I. BIOLOGY OF BLOOD VESSELS
1. Vascular Embryology and Angiogenesis
2. The Endothelium
3. Vascular Smooth Muscle
4. Connective Tissues of the Subendothelium
5. Normal Mechanisms of Vascular Hemostasis
6. Vascular Pharmacology
7. Pharmacology of Antithrombotic Dugs
PART II. PATHOBIOLOGY OF BLOOD VESSELS
9. Pathophysiology of Vasculitis
10. Thrombosis PART III. PRINCIPLES OF VASCULAR EXAMINATION 11. History and Physical Examination 12. Vascular Laboratory Testing 13. Magnetic Resonance Imaging 14. Computed Tomographic Angiography 15. Catheter-Based Peripheral Angiography PART IV. PERIPHERAL ARTERY DISEASE 16. The Epidemiology of Peripheral Artery Disease 17. Pathophysiology of Artery Disease, Intermittent Claudication, and Critical Limb Ischemia 18. Peripheral Artery Disease: Clinical Evaluation 19. Medical Treatment of Peripheral Artery Disease 20. Endovascular Treatment of Peripheral Artery Disease 21. Reconstructive Surgery for Peripheral Artery Disease PART V. RENAL ARTERY DISEASE 22. Pathophysiology of Renal Artery Disease 23. Clinical Evaluation of Renal Artery Disease 24. Medical and Endovascular Treatment of Renal Artery Disease 25. Surgical Management of Atherosclerotic Renal Artery Disease PART VI. MESENTERIC VASCULAR DISEASE 26. Epidemiology and Pathophysiology of Mesenteric Vascular Disease 27. Clinical Evaluation and Treatment of mesenteric Vascular Disease PART VII. VASCULOGENIC ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION 28. Vasculogenic Erectile Dysfunction PART VIII. CEREBROVASCULAR ISCHEMIA 29. Epidemiology of Cerebrovascular Disease 30. Clinical Presentation and Diagnosis of Cerebrovascular Disease 31. Prevention and Treatment of Stroke 32. Carotid Artery Stenting 33. Carotid Endarterectomy PART IX. AORTIC DISSECTION 34. Pathophysiology, Clinical Evaluation, and Medical Management of Aortic Dissection 35. Surgical Therapy for Aortic Dissection 36. Endovascular Therapy for Aortic Dissection PART X. AORTIC ANEURYSM 37. Pathophysiology, Epidemiology, and Prognosis of Aortic Aneurysms 38. Clinical Evaluation of Aortic Aneurysms 39. Surgical Treatment of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms 40. Endovascular Therapy for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms PART XI. VASCULITIS 41. Overview of Vasculitis 42. Takayasu’s Arteritis 43. Giant Cell Arteritis 44. Thromboangiitis Obliterans (Buerger’s Disease) 45. Kawasaki Disease PART XII. ACUTE LIMB ISCHEMIA 46. Acute Arterial Occlusion 47. Atheroembolism PART XIII. VASOSPASM AND OTHER RELATED VASCULAR DISEASES 48. Reynaud’s Phenomenon 49. Acrocyanosis 50. Erythromelalgia 51. Pernio (Chilblains) PART XIV. VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLIC DISEASE 52. Venous Thrombosis 53. Pulmonary Embolism PART XV. CHRONIC VENOUS DISORDERS 54. Varicose Veins 55. Chronic Venous Insufficiency PART XVI. PULMONARY HYPERTENSION 56. Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension 57. Pulmonary Hypertension in Non-Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Patients PART XVII. LYMPHATIC DISORDERS 58. Disease of the Lymphatic Circulation PART XVIII. MISCELLANEOUS 59. Vascular Infection 60. Lower-Extremity Ulceration 61. Vascular Trauma 62. Vascular Compression Syndromes 63. Congenital Anomalies and Malformations of the Vasculature 64. Peripheral Vascular Anomalies, Malformations, and Vascular Tumors