2. Neuroanatomy by Dissection
3. Development of the Nervous System: Malformation
4. Cerebrospinal Fluid and Hydrocephalus
5. Lower Motor Neuron: Spinal Nerve, General Somatic Efferent System
6. Lower Motor Neuron: General Somatic Efferent, Cranial Nerve
7. Lower Motor Neuron: General Visceral Efferent System
8. Upper Motor Neuron
9. General Sensory Systems: General Proprioception and General Somatic Afferent
10. Small Animal Spinal Cord Disease
11. Large Animal Spinal Cord Disease
12. Vestibular System: Special Proprioception
14. Visual System
15. Auditory System: Special Somatic Afferent System
16. Visceral Afferent Systems
17. Nonolfactory Rhinencephalon: Limbic System
18. Seizure Disorders: Narcolepsy
20. Uncontrolled Involuntary Skeletal Muscle Contractions NEW!
21. The Neurologic Examination
22. Case Descriptions
Veterinary Neuroanatomy and Clinical Neurology / Edition 4by Alexander de Lahunta, Eric N. Glass, Marc Kent
Pub. Date: 08/29/2014
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Covering the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the nervous system, Veterinary Neuroanatomy and Clinical Neurology, 4th Edition helps you diagnose the location of neurologic lesions in small animals, horses, and food animals. Practical guidelines explain how to perform neurologic examinations, interpret examination results, and formulate effective/b>
Covering the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the nervous system, Veterinary Neuroanatomy and Clinical Neurology, 4th Edition helps you diagnose the location of neurologic lesions in small animals, horses, and food animals. Practical guidelines explain how to perform neurologic examinations, interpret examination results, and formulate effective treatment plans. Descriptions of neurologic disorders are accompanied by illustrations, radiographs, and clinical case examples with corresponding online video clips depicting the actual patient described in the text. Written by veterinary neuroanatomy and clinical neurology experts Alexander de Lahunta, Eric Glass, and Marc Kent, this resource is an essential tool in the diagnosis and treatment of neurologic disorders in the clinical setting.
• Disease content is presented as case descriptions, allowing you to learn in a manner that is similar to the challenge of diagnosing and treating neurologic disorders in the clinical setting: 1) Description of the neurologic disorder, 2) Neuroanatomic diagnosis and how it was determined, the differential diagnosis, and any ancillary data, and 3) Course of the disease, the final clinical or necropsy diagnosis, and a brief discussion of the syndrome.
• Over 250 high-quality radiographs and over 800 vibrant color photographs and line drawings depict anatomy, physiology, and pathology (including gross and microscopic lesions), and enhance your ability to diagnose challenging neurologic cases.
• A companion website hosted by Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine features more than 380 videos that bring concepts to life and clearly demonstrate the neurologic disorders and examination techniques described in case examples throughout the text.
• High-quality, state-of-the-art MR images correlate with stained transverse sections of the brain, showing minute detail that the naked eye cannot see.
• NEW! High-quality, state-of-the-art MR images in the Neuroanatomy by Dissection chapter takes an atlas approach to presenting normal brain anatomy of the dog, filling a critical gap in the literature since Marcus Singer’s The Brain of the Dog in Section.
• NEW Uncontrolled Involuntary Skeletal Muscle Contractions chapter provides new coverage of this movement disorder.
• NEW case descriptions offer additional practice in working your way through real-life scenarios to reach an accurate diagnosis and an effective treatment plan for neurologic disorders.
• NEW! A detailed Video Table of Contents in the front of the book makes it easier to access the videos that correlate to case examples.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.60(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews