As well as the Career challenge, you'll be able to jump staight into a 4WD championship, take on a single rally or individual stage, and then take on the world in online rallies with up to 8 players.
The all-new stages feature interactive scenery, so if you push too hard and hit a tree (or when, to be more accurate), you'll see it shudder from the impact and drop leaves from the branches. Collisions will also result in a dazed effect, where your vision will be blurred for a very short period from impact. On the subject of vision, bonnet cam is back for all those who like to gaze down on a pristine engine cover (if things are going well), or the painstakingly detailed under-bonnet engine models (if they aren't).
The acclaimed Colin McRae Rally damage engine has been updated so even light touches can scratch the paintwork - and as usual, panels and components can be deformed and removed in a realistic manner, showing the mechanical components of the car in extreme detail.
* The #1 rally game evolves as Colin McRae Rally 2005 takes the series online for up to 8 players on Xbox with more cars, more stages and new challenges.
* Drive the most diverse selection of cars through new, non-linear Career Challenge with over 20 individual rally events and over 300+ stages.
* 30+ featured cars include the Volkswagen Golf MK5, Toyota Celica GT-FOUR, Lancia Stratos, Alfa Romeo 147 GTA, Alfetta GTV Turbodelta, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII, Peugeot 206, 205 T16 Evo2 and the distinctive VW Beetle RSi!
* 9 international locations (new German rally joins events through UK, Sweden, USA, Finland, Australia, Spain, Greece, and Japan), in Rally game mode, each with 8 stages. Large, animated spectator crowds cheer you on through the stages.
* Incredible detail: An individual damage model for each car - right down to paintwork scrapes and a ‘dazed’ visual effect as you recover from a crash!