Virtual Clinical Excursions 3.0 for Foundations and Adult Health Nursing / Edition 6 available in Other Format
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
One of the most complete nursing education learning systems available, Virtual Clinical Excursions is an online program that guides you through a virtual hospital where the patients are real and their conditions are constantly changing. By immersing students in a realistic, yet safe, nursing environment, VCE simulates the average clinical rotation by allowing users to conduct a complete assessment of a patient and set priorities for care, collect information, analyze and interpret data, prepare and administer medications, and reach conclusions about complex problems. Each lesson has a textbook reading assignment and activities based on "visiting" the patients in the hospital providing a perfect environment to "practice" what you are learning.
• Online workbook includes a set of lessons to prepare and guide you through a variety of patient scenarios, which are all connected to your textbook.
• Physical examination interactions include unique images and assessment findings for each patient scenario.
• Patient chart provides quick access to vital information such as physician’s orders, laboratory reports, patient education, nursing admission, and more, offering a richly detailed portrait of the patient.
• Electronic patient record houses data from the patient’s entire hospital stay and offers the ability to record new data findings.
• Nurse-client interaction videos depict conversations and situations involving nurses, patients, family members, and hospital staff to help you discern between communications that are ideal and those that need improvement.
• Updated drug reference includes a comprehensive set of the latest drug monographs to help you make the best clinical judgments involving medication administration.
• NEW! Online format enables you to access Virtual Clinical Excursions from any PC or MAC with an internet connection.
• NEW! Laboratory guide provides standard value ranges for all laboratory values offered within the virtual patient hospital, so you can confirm and compare standard lab values against your patients’ test results.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.60(d)|
Table of Contents
Getting Started Getting Set Up Quick Tour and Reference Guide Detailed Tour