Virtual Clinical Excursions 3.0 for Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing / Edition 3 available in Multimedia
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
One of the most complete nursing education learning systems available, Virtual Clinical Excursions guides you through a virtual hospital setting where the patients are real and their conditions are constantly changing. By immersing yourself in a realistic, yet safe, nursing environment, VCE allows you to get acclimated to the routine and rigors of the average clinical rotation where you can conduct a complete assessment of a patient and set priorities for care, collect data, analyze and interpret data, prepare and administer medications, and reach conclusions about complex problems. Each lesson has a textbook reading assignment and activities based on "visiting" the patients in the hospital, which provide a perfect environment in which you may "practice" what you are learning. The CD-ROM uses streaming videos to represent patients just as you would see them in a hospital setting and gives you access to highly detailed patient records - including charts, medication administration records, a Kardex-type plan of care, a drug guide, and an extensive electronic patient record system that has data for each client from the time of their admission throughout their simulation.
- Promotes active learning as you collect information and process data for evidence-based patient care.
- Includes 10 unique patients/cases, each with complex medical conditions.
- Allows you to monitor and care for one or more patients during four, 45-minute periods of care within a 12-hour shift.
- Workbook lessons complement the content of the textbook and link reading assignments with patients in the virtual hospital.
- Online workbook lessons allow you to completeassignments online.
- Exposes you to realistic information resources, such as the EPR, MAR, and patient charts, to prepare you for managing data and decision-making on the floor.
- A Medication Room contains a wide variety of drug storage areas.
- A medication administration function allows you to select, prepare, and administer medications.
- Contains over 55 common medication errors embedded within the software to boost clinical realism and reinforce the precepts of safe medication administration in a harm-free environment.
- Includes a Drug Guide with drug monographs for all medications used within the program.
- Fully integrates psychosocial aspects of nursing through nurse-client interaction videos that underscore the psychosocial component of patient care.
- Clinical Alerts highlight major changes in each patient's condition.
- An Online Testing Program with over 250 NCLEX(r) exam-style questions on each patient/case allows you to measure your understanding of the content and access your relevant clinical judgment.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.40(d)|
About the Author
Formerly, Instructor of Nursing, El Centro College, Dallas, TX; and Allan Hancock College, Santa Maria, CA
Table of Contents
Getting Started Getting Set Up Quick Tour and Reference Guide Detailed Tour