Virtual Medical Office for Kinn's The Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach / Edition 10 available in Multimedia
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Gain realistic experience in a physician's office without leaving the classroom! By using Elsevier's Virtual Medical Office learning system an Elsevier textbook, a study guide, and interactive software students develop critical thinking and decision-making skills they'll need in their externships and on the job. In Virtual Medical Office, students experience patient care from check-in through check-out, exploring all national curriculum competencies. It shows how to manage different patients and why. Each study guide lesson directs the student through the textbook and software and presents exercises focused on one or two medical assisting competencies at a time based on what they experience. Realistic software simulations of handling a difficult patient, setting up the exam room, and many more, bridge the gap between the classroom and the real world.
Money-saving package with the textbook is also available. Search ISBN 1-4160-4190-7.
• 15 unique cases promote understanding of how the competencies established by ABHES (Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools) and CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs) come into play in the workplace.
• More than two hours of video clips highlight the communication and professionalism competencies of patient care.
• Realistic information resources are shown, such as medical records for each case, an office policy manual, a fee schedule, a daysheet, and more.
• Performance summaries allow students to compare their decisions for each case to those of an expert and evaluate any differences between the two.
• A study guide:
• Complements textbook content through lessons that correlate reading assignments with patients in the virtual practice.
• Focuses on one or two competencies in each lesson, to create brief, manageable learning experiences.
• Demonstrates how all CAAHEP and ABHES medical assisting competencies come into play in the workplace.
• Promotes active learning as students collect information from a variety of sources to make patient care decisions.
• Encourages critical thinking as students discuss and critique the performance of the medical assistants in the videos.
• Augments knowledge of HIPPA by directing students to compare the policy manual, the contents of each case's medical record, and what actually happens in the videos.
• Makes lessons available online, allowing students to complete their assignments and submit them electronically to their instructor.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
The table of contents for each study guide corresponds to that of the text with which Virtual Medical Office is packaged.