Visual Basic 2010 How to Program / Edition 5 available in Other Format
Visual Basic 2010 How to Program is appropriate for all basic-to-intermediate level courses in Visual Basic 2010 programming.
Created by world-renowned programming instructors Paul and Harvey Deitel, Visual Basic 2010 How to Program, Fifth Edition introduces all facets of the Visual Basic 2010 language through a hands-on approach with hundreds of working programs. This book has been thoroughly updated to reflect the major innovations Microsoft has incorporated in Visual Basic 2010 and .NET 4.0; all discussions and sample code have been carefully audited against the newest Visual Basic language specification. The many new platform features covered in depth in this edition include: LINQ data queries, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), ASP.NET Ajax and the Microsoft Ajax Library, Silverlight-based rich Internet application development, and creating Web services with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF). New language features introduced in this edition: object anonymous types, object initializers, implicitly typed local variables and arrays, delegates, lambda expressions, and extension methods.
Students begin by getting comfortable with the free Visual Basic Express 2010 IDE and basic VB syntax included on the CD. Next, they build their skills one step at a time, mastering control structures, classes, objects, methods, variables, arrays, and the core techniques of object-oriented programming. With this strong foundation in place, the Deitels introduce more sophisticated techniques, including inheritance, polymorphism, exception handling, strings, GUI's, data structures, generics, and collections. Throughout, the authors show developers how to make the most of Microsoft’s Visual Studio tools. A series of appendices provide essential programming reference material on topics ranging from number systems to the Visual Studio Debugger, UML 2 to Unicode and ASCII.
Table of ContentsIntroduction to Visual Basic (in the printed book)
- Introduction to Computers, the Internet and Visual Basic
- Dive Into® Visual Basic Express 2010
- Introduction to Visual Basic Programming
- Introduction to Problem Solving and Control Statements
- Problem Solving and Control Statements: Part 2
- Object-Oriented Programming: Classes and Objects
- Object-Oriented Programming: Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Introduction to LINQ
- Databases and LINQ
- Web App Development with ASP.NET
- Windows Form GUI: A Deeper Look
- Graphics and Multimedia
- Operator Precedence Chart.
- Primitive Types.
- Number Systems.
- ASCII Character Set.
Index (of the printed book)
Companion Website Online Content Chapters 16—27 and Appendix F are PDF documents posted online at the book’s Companion Website (located at www.pearsonhighered.com/deitel).
16. Exception Handling: A Deeper Look
17. Strings and Characters: A Deeper Look
18. Files and Streams: A Deeper Look
19. GUI with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
20. WPF Graphics and Multimedia
21. XML and LINQ to XML
22. Web App Development with ASP.NET: A Deeper Look
23. Web Services
24. Silverlight and Rich Internet Applications
25. Collections and Generics
26. ATM Case Study, Part 1:Object-Oriented Design with the UML
27. ATM Case Study, Part 2: Implementing an Object-Oriented Design F. Creating Console Applications