Visual Studio Cheat Sheet Included!
Harness the Full Power of Visual Studio Visual Basic, Visual InterDev, Visual C++, Visual FoxPro, Visual J++, and FrontPage Integrate all the tools available in Visual Studio 6 to build high-powered Web sites and Windows applications that are packed with personalized, interactive content! Using tons of easy-to-follow, step-by-step examples, programming expert and veteran author Richard Mansfield shows you how to take full advantage of this gold mine of resources including the latest DHTML capabilities, database connectivity, and power scripting techniques. Valuable Bonus CD Includes: All sample code and Web pages from the book included on CD-ROM, plus:
- Evaluation version of QuickPak VB/J++ by Crescent
- Demo versions of tools by Video Soft including VSFlexGrid Pro, VSSPELL, ElasticLight, and Visual Studio OCX
- Demo versions of Spy Works 5 and Version Stamper 5 from Desaware, Inc.
Inside, find helpful advice on how to:
- Take complete command of Visual Studio's integrated design environment
- Design, test, build, and deploy a secure, professional-looking Web site
- Save yourself lots of time and trouble by using themes and templates
- Use DHTML to add cutting-edge tricks and animations
- Work with Webbots, Java applets, and ActiveX components and even create your own custom controls
- Build sophisticated database connections into your Web pages design-time controls and Data Wizards
- Explore easy-to-use site diagramming and prototyping tools
About the Author
About the Author Richard Mansfield has written 21 computer books, plus hundreds of magazine articles and two columns. Former editor of Compute! Magazine and editorial director and partner of Signal Research, he is now a full-time writer. His most recent IDG Books Worldwide title is Visual InterDev Bible.
Table of Contents
PART I: Getting to Know Visual Studio 6.
Chapter 1: How Visual Studio 6 Works.
Chapter 2: Using the Visual Studio 6 Interface.
Chapter 3: Creating Your First Web Page Using Visual Studio 6.
PART II: Building a Web Site.
Chapter 4: Site Building Basics.
Chapter 5: Using the Visual InterDev Editor.
Chapter 6: The FrontPage Editor: The Visual Studio 6 Content Designer.
Chapter 7: Themes and Templates (Borrow Only from the Best).
PART III: Jazzing Up Your Web Site with Multimedia (Lights! Camera! Action!).
Chapter 8: Animating Your Pages with Dynamic HTML.
Chapter 9: Dazzle 'Em with Special Effects.
PART IV: The Basics of Internet Programming.
Chapter 10: Objects, Objects Everywhere.
Chapter 11: The Rosetta Stone: JScript or VBScript.
Chapter 12: Writing Your First Script in Visual Studio 6.
Chapter 13: Creating Components.
Chapter 14: Debugging in Visual Studio 6.
PART V: The Database Connection.
Chapter 15: Understanding the Visual Studio 6 Database Features.
Chapter 16: Managing Database Connections.
PART VI: Managing Your Web Projects with Visual Studio 6.
Chapter 17: Using the FrontPage Explorer.
Chapter 18: Deployment and Upkeep (A Web Site Is Never Finished).
PART VII: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 19: Ten Visual Studio 6 Topics That Didn't Fit Anywhere Else.
Appendix: About the CD.
IDG Books Worldwide, Inc., End-User License Agreement.
Book Registration Information.