Visualization and Engineering Design Graphics with Augmented Reality Second Edition available in Paperback
- Allows you to truly visualize the objects being described in the book in full 3D
- Seamlessly integrates augmented reality with exercises in the book
- Helps aspiring engineers learn the language of engineering graphics
- Focuses on visualization skills and hand sketching
- Now has apps for Apple iOS and Android devices as well as Mac and PC computers
This book is designed as a learning tool to help the aspiring engineer learn the language of engineering graphics. In this regard, this book is hardly unique, as there have been literally hundreds of books published in the past that had a similar goal. The main challenge faced by engineering graphics books comes from the difficulty of representing and describing three dimensional information on paper, which is a consequence of the two dimensional nature of printed materials.
What makes this book invaluable is the use of Augmented Reality, a technology that will allow you to escape the limitations of traditional materials enabling you, the student, to truly visualize the objects being described in full 3D. To take full advantage of this book you will need a smartphone, tablet or computer with a web camera, along with the software or apps provided*. Many parts of the book are linked to specific augmented reality content through a series of black and white markers that have been seamlessly integrated throughout the pages. In order to experience the content, your device's camera must be pointed at these markers. The main marker, available at the beginning of the book, is used to interact with the augmented reality models, which will be rendered in real time in your device's screen.
* If you do not have an iOS device, Android device or a computer with a webcam, SolidWorks files of the models used throughout the book are included on the CD. In addition, STL files have been provided so the models can be opened using your solid modeling CAD package of choice or printed using a 3D printer.