The management of major vitreoretinal diseases has changed dramatically since publication of the first edition in 1999. The field continues to evolve rapidly and is becoming an increasingly complex, multifaceted practice of medicine and surgery. As such, retinal specialists are faced with increasingly sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic modalities to learn and master. Contributors to this completely updated reference are renowned experts in retinal disease and vitreous disorders.
Divided into four essential sections, the book starts with a basic overview of posterior segment anatomy and physiology. The second section reviews the spectrum of diagnostic tools used in the field from relatively low technology such as the indirect ophthalmoscope to the latest, state-of-the-art optical coherence tomography test. The third and most comprehensive section covers disease states, subdivided into eight categories: retinovascular conditions, macular diseases, inherited vitreoretinal conditions, inflammatory conditions, intraocular tumors, vitreous and retinal detachments, trauma and toxicity, and fundus conditions. The text concludes with specific vitreoretinal procedures.
- New technologies including spectral domain optical coherence tomography (OCT), intravitreal injections, and microincisional vitrectomy
- The utilization of multifocal electroretinography, scanning laser ophthalmoscopy, and fundus autofluorescence
- Advances in treatment of macular edema and age-related macular degeneration with anti-VEGF therapy
- Summaries of the latest and most important clinical trials
- Richly illustrated with more than 700 color state-of-the art retinal images and surgical procedure drawings
- Clinical pearls, controversies, and special considerations highlighted in color boxes in every chapter
This up-to-date, clinically-oriented resource will greatly benefit ophthalmology residents and ophthalmologists with comprehensive practices.
|Publisher:||Thieme Publishers New York|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x (d)|