Gain expertise in troubleshooting most common issues to implement vSphere environments with ease
About This Book
- Plan, analyze, and design effective solutions for your vSphere environment
- Troubleshoot problems related to vSphere performance
- Familiarize yourself with the advanced troubleshooting conceptsand become an xpert level administrator
Who This Book Is For
The books is intended for mid-level System Engineers and System Integrators who want to learn VMware power tools to troubleshoot and manage the vSphere infrastructure. Good knowledge level and understanding of virtualization is expected.
What You Will Learn
- Configure vSphere management assistant and troubleshooting tools
- Use troubleshooting tools to monitor performance and troubleshoot different issues
- Learn how to troubleshoot High Availability and other commonly known problems with clusters such as insufficient resources, failing heartbeats
- Use Direct Console User Interface (DCUI) to verify configuration
- Diagnose storage issues including iSCSI, NFS and VMFS problems
- Manage vSphere Network Virtual and Distributed Switches, Trunks, VLANS
- Monitor and shape network traffic, configure routes and DNS
- Quickly resolve common day-to-day problems by analysing logs of VMware vSphere hosts and VMware vCenter Server
- Debug and resolve commonly known vSphere Cluster problems
VMware vSphere is the leading server virtualization platform with consistent management for virtual data centers. It enhances troubleshooting skills to diagnose and resolve day to day problems in your VMware vSphere infrastructure environment.
This book will provide you practical hands-on knowledge of using different performance monitoring and troubleshooting tools to manage and troubleshoot the vSphere infrastructure.
It begins by introducing systematic approach for troubleshooting different problems and show casing the troubleshooting techniques. You will be able to use the troubleshooting tools to monitor performance, and troubleshoot issues related to Hosts and Virtual Machines. Moving on, you will troubleshoot High Availability, storage I/O control problems, virtual LANS, and iSCSI, NFS, VMFS issues.
By the end of this book, you will be able to analyze and solve advanced issues related to vShpere environment such as vcenter certificates, database problems, and different failed state errors.
Style and approach
A step-by-step guide full of real world scenarios that will enhance advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve competence in troubleshooting the VMware vSphere environment. Basic concepts of vSphere and the most common vSphere infrastructure problems are explained with practical solutions to resolve it.
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.57(d)|
About the Author
Muhammad Zeeshan Munir is a system architect and specializes in the area of data center virtualization and cloud computing. He has been in the IT industry for nearly 11 years after his post graduation in computer science and has been working with Linux, Microsoft, and VMware products. He mainly specializes in designing, integrating, and automating private and public cloud infrastructures for enterprise to start-up companies.
Currently, Zeeshan works at Qatar Computing and Research Institute (Hamad Bin Khalifa University). Zeeshan also provided services as a free lance Assistant Manager ICT Operations to a Milan-based company, Linx ICT Solutions.