The books in ScienceWorks for Kids, Grades 1-3, connect science with real life. Each book covers 8 science concepts that are supported by hands-on activities and ready-to-go resources. Each lesson relates to the National Science Education Standards.
Water covers these concepts:
* water is a liquid with certain properties
* water exists in three forms in nature
* cold changes water from a liquid to a solid
* heat changes water from a liquid to a gas
* water can change from a gas to a liquid
* the changes water makes are part of a cycle
* people need water to live
* moving water can do work
A variety of engaging activities present the concepts in ways that students can understand. Each concept presented includes:
* teacher directions for lessons
* reproducible resource pages such as sets of picture cards, minibooks, and lab sheets to record the results of hands-on investigations.