The Definitive Telecommunications Reference--Fully Updated
Understand cutting-edge telecommunication and networking technologies using this straightforward, real-world implementation guide. Fully revised to cover all of the latest transmission protocols, Voice & Data Communications Handbook, Fifth Edition covers all the bases-from analog transmission, VPNs, and LANs to DSL, CATV, WiFi, VoIP, and GSM. This authoritative volume covers the ins-and-outs of each vital topic, supplies practical examples and solutions, and provides helpful self-tests. You'll also find up-to-date information on regulatory standards, switches, routers, frame relay, and security procedures.
- Use new wireless technologies
- Understand the building blocks of analog transmission-bandwith, amplitude, and frequency
- Provide transparent communications using the OSI model and seven-layer architecture
- Comply with local and federal regulations and RBOCs
- Transmit information using routers, SS7, PBX, and KTS switches
- Send and receive data across TCP/IP, wireless, cellular, and optical systems
- Create a connection using a modem
- Connect to multiple VPNs and LANs using frame relay, ATM, and MPLS
- Deploy high-speed broadband access with cable modems, xDSL, and CATV
- Get details on VoIP, SIP, and voice over data services
- Increase bandwidth using IP telephony techniques and PBX equipment
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||15 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Regis J."Bud" Bates, president of TC International Consulting, has 40 years of experience in telecommunications and information systems. He is a wireless systems expert who specializes in network operations and planning and is the author of more than 15 technology-oriented books.
Donald W. Gregory is a partner with Computer Sciences Corporation's Consulting Group (CSC). Previously, he worked at Arthur Andersen, International Harvester/Navistar, and Digital Equipment Corp. specializing in the design and implementation of data and voice communications networks.