What is the single greatest secret to a breakout writing career? What is it that every agent and editor wants to see, and every reader delights in?
It's VOICE. Everyone talks about it, yet no one seems able to define it. Voice has therefore been the most elusive aspect of the entire writing craft to teach.
In this book, #1 bestselling writing teacher James Scott Bell reveals the true source of voice, and what any writer in any genre can do to capture it for their own work. In VOICE: The Secret Power of Great Writing you'll learn:
• An actual working definition of voice that is simple yet powerful
• Bell's original method for turning that definition into book-length voice power
• How to vary voice from genre to genre, book to book
• How to enhance voice with emotion, flow, and attitude
• How to create vivid word pictures
• Exercises to expand your voice and style
• Example after example of voice in action
Don't settle for good writing. Go for the unforgettable. The secret of voice will help you get there.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||549 KB|
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Voice - The Secret Power of Great Writing by James Scott Bell This book is a great addition for any author's library. It is about finding the “voice” for your characters. Getting into the mind of your characters. Feel their emotions...such as anger. What ticks your character off? Find that trigger and write it down. He gives many examples from authors past and present on how the voices of their characters came to life. The author goes through the many genres and how the voices present themselves.