VRML 2.0 Sourcebook / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
THE BEST BOOK AVAILABLE ON VRML
FROM THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO COULD HAVE WRITTEN IT
It took a team of experts from SDSC (the San Diego Supercomputer Center) to write the most authoritative and comprehensive guide available for creating 3-D virtual worlds on the Internet with VRML. Focusing on step-by-step guidance and insider tips and tricks, this task-oriented guide contains everything you need to make optimum use of this new technology. Totally rewritten for Version 2.0, this book explains:
* How to design complex objects for your virtual world using VRML
* How to use special lighting, viewpoints, and professional graphics techniques to create extremely realistic worlds
* How to animate objects in and write scripts for your 3-D world with behaviors.
Packed with fascinating and instructive examples, diagrams, and screen captures, VRML 2.0 Sourcebook is an invaluable technical resource for professional developers and hobbyists alike.
* All the code for the VRML objects and worlds in the book
* Textures and VRML objects that can be used to create more realistic VRML worlds
* VRML Web browsers, authoring tools, and graphic manipulation tools
* Additional VRML worlds not in the book
|Product dimensions:||7.58(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.51(d)|
About the Author
ANDREA L. AMES is a Junior Fellow of the SDSC and a technical communication and new communication media expert at Informix Software, Inc.
DAVID R. NADEAU is an expert in interactive 3-D computer graphics and is coleader of the VRML research and development effort at SDSC.
JOHN L. MORELAND is an expert in programming for interactivity and multimedia systems development, and is coleader of the VRML R&D team at SDSC.
Table of Contents
Acronyms and Abbreviations xiii
1 Introduction 1
2 Use of satellites for VSAT networks 47
3 Operational aspects 79
4 Networking aspects 99
5 Radio frequency link analysis 171