Looks, durability, washability, and ease of installation: you have to take these and other factors into account when choosing a wallcovering. It takes just a few easy steps to check out papers, gather tools, plan the job, and master the techniques. Here's how it's done:
* Find out the advantages and drawbacks of different papers and fabrics, and see which patterns and textures will simplify your work.
* From scissors and tape measures to clamps and broad knives, pick the tools that speed up the job.
* Estimate quantities, prepare walls, get started with the first sheets--and plan for each coming one.
* Apply primers, draw plumb lines, and get hints on cutting, pasting, booking, and choosing a seam technique.
* Solve problems raised by tricky corners and other obstacles.
* Repair bubbles, damaged areas, and more.
* Bonus: special applications, such as archways, stairways, and ceilings. 64 pages (all in color), 5 1/4 x 8 7/8.