Web Business Boot Camp: Hands-on Internet Lessons for Managers, Entrepreneurs, and Professionals by Richard Seltzer
A crash course in getting significant business results from a Web site-at low cost Web Business Bootcamp focuses on activities that anyone can do to improve their online business, even with little cash and without technical sophistication. Richard Seltzer outlines the tasks that entrepreneurs and e-commerce managers typically delegate to experts without knowing enough to properly set goals, coordinate activities, or monitor progress-and then provides low-tech, low-cost techniques for making informed decisions and getting the hands-on experience needed to do smart business on the Internet. Businesses both large and small can apply his innovative ideas such as "flypaper" and "content-based Internet marketing"-effective strategies he has learned and used with his own Web site-to attract targeted traffic to their Web sites.
For nineteen years RICHARD SELTZER worked for Digital Equipment and then Compaq, focusing on the Internet for the last five years, most recently as "Internet Evangelist." He has consulted for such companies as AltaVista, Harcourt, and Hitachi. Seltzer's weekly articles on Internet trends have been syndicated over the Web.
Table of Contents
About the Author.
A Glimpse of the Future.
1. Welcome to the Land of the Free.
2. The Value of Anonymity: Privacy and Masquerade.
3. Make Your Own Web Pages on Your PC.
4. Assemble Your Pages to Form a Web Site.
5. Let People Know That You're There.
6. How to Improve Your Web Site.
7. Building Your Audience with Online Interaction.
8. Building Relationships with Customers: What You Can Learn from Selling at Auctions.
9. What to Do with an Audience and What Else to Do with Your Content.