Over 70 practical recipes to help you create scalable websites using the Django 1.8 framework
About This Book
- This is the latest book on the market that will help you take advantage of the new features added to Django 1.8
- This book consists of recipes of varying complexities to help you create multilingual, responsive, and scalable websites with Django
- This updated edition teaches you major Django functions and will help you improve your skills by developing models, forms, views, and templates
Who This Book Is For
This book is for intermediate-level and professional Django users who need to build projects that are multilingual, functional on devices of different screen sizes, and that scale over a period of time. If you have created websites with Django but you want to sharpen your knowledge and learn some good approaches to different aspects of web development, you should definitely read this book.
What You Will Learn
- Get started with the basic configuration necessary to start any Django project
- Build a database structure out of reusable model mixins
- Manage forms and views and get to know some useful patterns that are used to create them
- Create handy template filters and tags that you can reuse in every project
- Integrate your own functionality into the Django CMS
- Manage hierarchical structures with MPTT
- Import data from local sources and external web services as well as exporting your data to third parties
- Implement a multilingual search with Haystack
- Test and deploy your project efficiently
Django is a web framework that was designed to strike a balance between rapid web development and high performance. It has the capacity to handle applications with high levels of user traffic and interaction, and can integrate with massive databases on the backend, constantly collecting and processing data in real time.
By the end of this book, you will have a good understanding of the new features added to Django 1.8 and be an expert at web development processes.
Style and approach
Every chapter consists of practical examples and a mix of basic and advanced recipes that will guide you through the entire web development process, starting from project configuration and taking you right through to deployment.
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing, Limited|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.79(d)|
About the Author
Aidas Bendoraitis has been professionally working with web technologies for over a decade. Over the past nine years at a Berlin-based company, studio 38 pure communication GmbH, he has developed a number of small-scale and large-scale Django projectsmostly in the cultural areatogether with a creative team. At the moment, he is also working as a software architect at a London-based mobile startup, Hype.
Aidas regularly attends meetups of Django User Group Berlin, occasionally visits Django and Python conferences, and writes a weblog about Django: http://djangotricks.blogspot.com/.