Web Project Management presents a solid Web project management method for building commercial Web sites. Developed by pres.co, a leading interactive agency, this refined eight-stage approach lets you closely manage your project's contributors, quality, costs, and schedules. Importantly, the book also details how to define, measure and understand the success of your project on an ongoing basis. This book is an indispensable resource, whether you are a project manager, online manager, Web director, consultant or producer.
• Includes insider tips from the perspective of the world's leading Web developers.
• Focuses on project management as it relates to e-commerce.
• Teaches you to organize and put together a team, develop goals, manage schedules and budgets, overcome pitfalls, maintain, evaluate and evolve a commercial Web presence.
• Includes an introduction to the key principles of Web project management and a case study of the Channel 5 Web site-a popular project managed by the author.
• Provides templates, via a companion Web site, that you can use to develop your own project documentation, a discussion forum, links to related sites, a glossary of terms, a database of useful white papers, and an Internet knowledge quiz.
|Series:||Web Project Management Series|
|Product dimensions:||0.72(w) x 7.44(h) x 9.69(d)|
Table of Contents
Preface. The World of the Web Project Manager:
Setting the Scene. Method: A Web Project Method; The Project Road Map; Work Stage 1: Project Clarification; Work Stage 2: Solution Definition; Work Stage 3: Project Specification; Work Stage 4: Content; Work Stage 5: Design and Construction; Work Stage 6: Testing, Launch, and Handover; Work Stage 7: Maintenance; Work Stage 8: Review and Evaluation. Case Study:
Reality Bytes. Appendix A Resources. Appendix B Recommended Reading. Index.