Temporarily Out of Stock Online
- If you're one of the millions of Web surfers who has made it your destiny to create the best site on the Web, and you want to use the tricks, techniques, and effects that have made some Webmasters famous, then it's time to take a step behind the scenes. Web Site Wizardry answers all of your "How'd they do that?" questions, and gives you the step-by-step instructions for how to create awesome sites yourself.You'll learn how to make a marquee scroll across your page, allow Web site visitors to be able to fly through your logo, play music in realtime, and more. Web Site Wizardry gives you the basics, but focuses on the exciting stuff (like multimedia, animation, and music). You'll discover ways to create awesome pages without spending tons of money on software, and places where you can borrow Web tools worth thousands of dollars.
- Features Web site innovations straight from real Webmasters, including how to use hot technologies like Shockwave, Java, SSIs, VRML, and more!
- Reveals tips and secrets straight from real Webmasters, including how to create the popular "ghosted" background effect.
- Gives information on how to find cheap or free resources you can use in your site.
- Presents a painless introduction to Web scripting and markup languages.
- Features tons of Web effects that you would usually spend hundreds of dollars for.
- Provides example scripts, so you can put the effects and techniques mentioned in the book to work without one line of code.
- Contains a library of cool stuff (sounds, images, animation, and video) to use in your Web site.
- Includes a CD-ROM with shareware versions of Netscape add-ins like Shockwave, Java, and WEB/FX.