A Doody’s Core Title for 2019!
The Web That Has No Weaver is the classic, comprehensive guide to the theory and practice of Chinese alternative medicine. This accessible and invaluable resource has earned its place as the foremost authority in synthesizing Western and Eastern healing practices. This revised edition is the product of years of further reflection on ancient Chinese sources and active involvement in cutting-edge scientific research.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||11 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Ted J. Kaptchuk, O.M.D., is associate director of the Center for Alternative Medicine Research and Education at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston and an assistant professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School.
Table of ContentsAcknowledgments
Foreword by Margaret Caudill
Foreword by Andrew Weil
1. Medicine East and West: Two Ways of Seeing, Two Ways of Thinking
2. The Fundamental Textures: Qi, Blood, Essence, Spirit, and Fluids
3. The Organs of the Body: The Harmonious Landscape
4. The Meridians: The Warp and Woof
5. Origins of Disharmony: Stormy Weather
6. The Four Examinations: Signs and Symptoms
7. The Eight Principal Patterns: The Faces of Yin and Yang
8. The Patterns of the Human Landscape
9. Chinese Medicine as an Art
10. The Web That Has No Weaver