THE COMPREHENSIVE COMPILATION OF QUOTATIONS THAT GOES BEYOND CITATIONS AND INCLUDES CONTEXTUAL INFORMATION
Webster's New World® Dictionary of Quotations is a treasure-trove of memorable, witty, and relevant sayings and writings. With more than 20,000 entries from over 4,000 sources, plus concise information on the author and the historical context, it's more user-friendly and comprehensive than similar references.
It's organized for quick reference, with:
- Entries that are arranged alphabetically by author so you can get an overview of an author's philosophy and style
- A keyword index that helps you quickly find an elusive quotation or zero in on apt quotations on a specific topic
It's the ultimate, comprehensive resource, with:
- Mini-biographies of authors
- More relevant information, including source and historical context
- Entries that span the ages, from Greek philosophers, the Bible, and Shakespeare to modern authors, celebrities, and world leaders
- Quotes reflecting current culture and global thinking, with an emphasis on modern times and international figures
- Unequaled diversity of authors and details on their works, their times, and their philosophies
|Publisher:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 9.25(h) x 2.35(d)|
|Age Range:||15 - 18 Years|
About the Author
Chambers Harrap, Ltd. is based in Edinburgh and publishes bilingual dictionaries in a wide variety of foreign languages. The editorial team consists of a cosmopolitan team of lexicographers from the UK, France and Spain who work closely with contributors all around the world. Teams in Mexico and the US play an important role in ensuring that the content of Harraps dictionaries is as international as possible. Editors are able to draw on the extensive databases of widely praised top-of-the-range French and Spanish titles, as well as the latest resources such as linguistic corpora and the Internet.