If you've ever wondered what it was really like on the sinking Titanic, or how it felt to be shipped across the Atlantic on a slave ship, or how easy it was to sell CIA secrets to the KGB, then this is your chance to find out! Wierd History 101
contains dozens of new twists on dusty old histories, including:
Weird History 101
- The flip side of "official" history! Experience the true stories behind the history you learned in school:
- Native American witnesses's bloody descriptions of Custer's Last Stand
- The destruction of The White House by foreign invaders
- Actual government documents revealed! See how close we've come to nuclear annihilation:
- In 1957, the U.S. Air Force accidentally dropped a hydrogen bomb on Arizona!
- Official government pamphlets that claim a nuclear attack wouldn't ruin your whole day!
- Bizarre medical remedies! Discover hair-raising treatments including:
- Taking "mummy powder" for migraines
- Eating live millipedes to aid the digestion
is the ultimate historical reference, bursting with fascinating, entertaining, and sometimes bloodcurdling tales from around the world. Imagine learning this in school:
- Unbelievable tales of animal prosecutions!
- Learn how a French lawyer successfully defended a group of rats
- Witness a Church's excommunication of a swarm of insects
- Houdini's secrets revealed! Read how the greatest escape artist of all time:
- Survived being buried alive
- Escaped being submerged under water for 93 minutes
You'll wish this book had been your history class textbook!