Your guide to glide from campus to career
Make sure you get a good ROI (Return on Investment) from your college courses and career choices. Whether you're a student pounding the books or a graduate pounding the pavement, What Can You Do with a Major in Business? alerts you to diverse job options, some of which you probably haven't considered. It addresses specific concerns of business majors with valuable information, including:
* Advice on college and curriculum choices--courses, internships, advanced degrees, and more
* Tips to energize and expand your job search
* Profiles of real graduates, their jobs, and how they got them
* Objective audits of their careers from the manager of a recreational facility, a city/county administrator, a marketing field representative, a public relations specialist, and an import/export broker
* Overviews of typical salary levels, hours, and work environments
* Extensive additional resources, including Web sites, professional organizations, periodicals, and more
With practical information and enlightening insight from your peers in business careers, this book helps you analyze opportunities and choose a career that lets you make the most of your assets. Bottom line, that's the key to success.
About the Author
JENNIFER A. HOROWITZ is a graduate of Columbia University with a degree in education of the gifted from Teachers College and in writing from Barnard College. She has worked in New York City schools, with educational publishers and authors, and as an advisor to parents of gifted children.
KATE SHOUP is a veteran freelance writer and editor.
Table of Contents
About This Book.
Chapter 1: Majoring in Business.
Chapter 2: Choosing a College.
Chapter 3: Making the Most of Your Time at College.
Chapter 4: Attending Graduate School.
Chapter 5: Career Options for the Business Major.
Chapter 6: Breaking into the Job Market.
Chapter 7: Case Studies.
Appendix: Resources for the Business Major.