Stem cell research has been promoted by scientiests, doctors, and the media as one of the most important types of research today. It offers the promise of treating some of the most devastating diseases and injuries, including diabetes, leukemia, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, heart disease, and brain and spinal cord injuries.
What the Church Teaches: Human Stem Cell Research and Cloning explains:
- What are stem cells?
- Is all stem cell research wrong?
- What are the moral concerns with embryonic stem cell research?
- What are the medical concerns with embryonic stem cell research?
- Are there alternatives to using embryonic stem cells for research?
- What is the current state of government involvement?
- What does the Church teach on this issue?
- Why should Catholics be concerned?
- What is cloning?
This is a pamphlet everyone should read.